Truck Driving Training School
Locations in Asheville, Charlotte, Newton and Winston Salem
TransTech, Inc. provides truck driver training and testing for individuals who wish to obtain their Class A commercial driver's license.
Our Driver Training Provides
- One-Stop Training & Testing
- Small Class Size
- 4-Week Training
- Week, Weekend and Evening Classes
- Highest Job Placement
- Low-Cost Classes Start Weekly
Compare TransTech to the Other Driving Schools and You Will See the Value We Bring.
(Monday - Friday)
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
CLASSES BEGIN EVERY MONDAY
(Saturday & Sunday)
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SEPTEMBER 9, 2017 (Charlotte Location)
October 7, 2017 (Newton Location)
Contact (828) 464-8001 for more information
WEEKEND AND EVENING CLASSES AVAILABLE (Asheville Location)
Contact (828) 483-666 for more information
The truck driver training program at TransTech, Inc. features a low student-instructor ratio (4 students per class). Individual help is available as needed. Training consists of three phases: classroom, field and open road, totaling 160 clock hours in length – approximately 40 hours of homework assignments. Classes are offered on a full or part-time basis; with full-time classes lasting four weeks, and part-time classes lasting ten weeks.
TRANSTECH provides truck driver training with emphasis on highway safety; enabling those demonstrating proficiency by both objective and subjective evaluation to qualify for entry-level employment as drivers in the trucking industry.
In order to graduate from TRANSTECH, each student must be FULLY proficient in all phases of training. Students who have not attained proficiency and/or are not deemed ready to report for orientation/employment with a motor carrier, will be held over in training, at no further tuition cost - provided the student is in satisfactory academic standing.
A valid Social Security card and a state issued driver's license is required to enroll. Every student will be required to complete a DOT physical and drug screen.
Lifetime job placement assistance to all graduates. Local, regional and over-the-road employment opportunities available.
Click HERE to download the North Carolina Commercial Drivers Manual
Prior to Enrollment – PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS MUST:
- Be at least (18) years of age – (21) years of age is required for CDL holders to operate in interstate commerce.
- Have valid Social Security Card.
- Currently possess a valid driver’s license.
- ACCEPTABLE motor vehicle report (driving record).
- BE DRUG FREE and able to pass a pre-employment and random drug test.
- Have the ability to read, write (entries and reports), speak and understand the English language; to be able to communicate with instructing personnel – and to understand highway traffic signs and signals, and to respond to official inquiries (when required). Interpretation is neither allowed my regulation – or provided during instruction.
Prior to Graduation – STUDENTS MUST:
- Successfully complete all course requirements – as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Achieve a SATISFACTORY score in all components of training.
**IF ADDITIONAL TRAINING IS DETERMINED OR REQUIRED – SUCH WILL BE PROVIDED**
Upon Graduation From Training – STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE:
- A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION to the partnered carriers that as a successful student graduate of TransTech.
IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT AWAITS!
Tuition Assistance Information
The below agencies provide funding for TransTech’s training program for those individuals who are unemployed, underemployed – or for those of low income or additional needs.
TransTech, Inc. is proud to state that we continue to partner with Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina. As a result, financial scholarship awards are available to qualified individuals. For further information, please contact our office at (828) 464-8001 – or stop by either of the following Goodwill locations: