The 10 most congested intersections for truck freight
Atlanta’s Tom Moreland Interchange took the number one spot on the American Transportation Research Institute’s annual list of top truck freight congestion locations, according to a Nov. 18 report issued by ATRI.
Four of the top 10 bottlenecked locations were located in Houston, Texas: Interstate 610 at U.S. 290, Interstate 10 at Interstate 45, Interstate 45 at U.S. 59, and Interstate 10 at U.S. 59.
ATRI’s annual report analyzes the amount of truck-oriented congestion at 250 locations across national highways. It uses data from trucking operations and software applications to generate each locations congestion impact ranking. ATRI’s latest report, titled “2015 Congestion Impact Analysis of Freight-Significant Highway Locations,” includes the top 100 congested locations.
“With a robust economy comes increased demand for consumer goods, the lion’s share of which is carried by truck,” said Ed Crowell, Georgia Motor Trucking Association president and chief executive officer. “We see that reflected in the ATRI truck bottleneck list as more trucks move through the nation’s major metropolitan areas to deliver the goods. ATRI’s ranking allows states to better understand where targeted infrastructure improvements could keep the economy moving.”
ATRI’s Top 10 truck freight congestion locations are:
1. Atlanta, Ga: Interstate 285 at Interstate 85 (North)
2. Chicago, Ill.: Interstate 290 at Interstate 90/Interstate 94
3. Fort Lee, N.J.: Interstate 95 at State Road 4
4. Louisville, Ky.: Interstate 65 at Interstate 64/Interstate 71
5. Houston, Texas: Interstate 610 at U.S. 290
6. Houston, Texas: Interstate 10 at Interstate 45
7. Cincinnati, Ohio: Interstate 71 at Interstate 75
8. Houston, Texas: Interstate 45 at U.S. 59
9. Los Angeles, Calif.: State Road 60 at State Road 57
10. Houston, Texas: Interstate 10 at U.S. 59
– See more at: http://www.ccjdigital.com/the-10-most-congested-intersections-for-truck-freight/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=11-19-2015&utm_campaign=Commercial%20Carrier%20Journal&ust_id=b42898db029136cf2719d8b423c52607&#sthash.JdqlMyYi.dpuf