You will be scored on your overall performance in the following general driving behavior categories:
- Always use clutch to shift.
- Double-clutch when shifting. Do not rev or lug the engine.
- Do not ride clutch to control speed, coast with the clutch depressed, or “pop” the clutch.
- Do not grind or clash gears.
- Select gear that does not rev or lug the engine.
- Do no shift in turns and intersections.
- Do not ride or pump brake.
- Do not brake harshly. Brake smoothly using steady pressure.
- Do not put vehicle over curbs, sidewalks, or lane markings.
- Stop behind stop lines, crosswalks, or stop signs.
- Complete a turn in the proper lane on a multiple lane road (vehicle should finish a left turn in the lane directly to the right of the center line).
- Finish a right turn in the right-most (curb) lane.
- Move to or remain in right-most lane unless lane is blocked.
- Do not over or under steer the vehicle.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times unless shifting. Once you have completed a shift, return both hands to the steering wheel.
Regular Traffic Checks
- Check traffic regularly.
- Check mirrors regularly.
- Check mirrors and traffic before, while in and after an intersection.
- Scan and check traffic in high volume areas and areas where pedestrians are expected to be present.
Use of Turn Signals
- Use turn signals properly.
- Activate turn signals when required.
- Activate turn signals at appropriate times.
- Cancel turn signals upon completion of a turn or lane change.